Sometimes I can take it all in my stride.
Sometimes I forget, even for a moment, all that giftedness entails – and that’s when I run into the ‘oh, yeah, I forgot about that’ wall.
It can hit anywhere:
- When I’m sitting in a specialists waiting room filling out yet another endless form on my children’s behaviors where I’m required to somehow divine what ‘normal’ and ‘normal for age’ is by osmosis ….
- Or when my daughter has just scrunched up a perfectly good drawing because she thinks it’s terrible…
- Or when my son connects seemingly incompatible things like endless youtube watching of domino and minecraft videos to create his own super-optimized Boolean gates and the beginnings of his own computer, including clocks and calculators… (…and if anyone asks, yes that was in the plan … somewhere, wherever the plan has gone … it’s around here somewhere …)
- Hoagies Gifted 101
- GHF Gifted Resources
- Is it a Cheetah? By Stephanie Tolan
- Gluten-Free Mum articles on Gifted
- Asynchronous Development, SENG
- Asynchrony: A New Definition of Giftedness
- Asynchronous Development and the Gifted Child, My Little Poppies
- GHF Perfectionism Blog Hop
- Hoagies Perfectionism
- Helping Gifted Students Cope with Perfectionism
- Anxiety and Perfectionism Are No Fun, Gluten-Free Mum