|Almost ANZAC Biscuit|
I made these for some vegan friends. Really lovely biscuits. Watch out, though, they spread very wide! When these cool, they make lovely crunchy biscuits with a chewy centre.
250g Nutalex or Nutalex Lite
1 Dessert spoon olive oil
1 cup rice flour
1 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup low GI sugar
1 cup rice flakes. (I use the Freedom brand)
1/4 cup rice syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine flour, coconut, sugar and rice flakes in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. In a saucepan, combine Nutalex, oil and rice syrup. Heat over a low heat until it all disolved.
4. Dissolve bicarb soda in a teaspoon of hot water. Take saucepan off the heat and add the bicarb soda. It may or may not bubble up.
5. Add to the dry ingredients and stir. Then add the vanilla. Combine all ingredients.
6. On a lined baking tray, put dessert spoon size scoops a good distance apart.
7. Bake in the oven for 5 – 8 mins. Keep an eye on it – it burns easily. It’s done when it’s a lovely mid to dark yellow-brown.
8. Leave on the tray to cool, and they will harden up