Welcome to Gluten-Free Mum, aka Yellow Readis. Start here to read posts by Kathleen Humble, writer and homeschooling mum to two twice-exceptional children.
To find out more about Kathleen, see the about page.
Connect with Kathleen on the contact me page.
Find out about her book, Gifted Myths. Or buy now on Amazon.
Here are a few posts by topic:
- Gifted vs. Gifted
- Darn Those Mythological Gifted Kids Who Are a Construct of Our Social Norms
- Gifted . . .You Know What That Means, Right?
- Homeschooling My Gifted Kid, Part 2: What the Bleep is PG!?
- The Everyone is Gifted POS, again.
- Giftedness: Why does it Matter?
- Twice Exceptional: What’s Going On Here?
- ADHD and Giftedness: It’s Complicated
- My Kid is NOT Average, and Pride Has Nothing to Do With It.
- Are we really that far from ‘normal’?
- Gifted and 2E Parenting
- Is My Gifted Child Autistic?
- Normalising Disability
- Dealing with Diagnosis Soup
All posts on twice-exceptionality.
- Why We Homeschool
- Unschooling Aint the Boogie Man
- I don’t want to teach my kids maths, I want my kids to LIVE Maths
- The Adam Savage School of Homeschooling
- Creating an Unschooling Environment for my 2e Kids
- Modern Maths to Do With Your Primary Schoolers: Fractals
- Ad Hoc Terrariums
- Campervanning Across New Zealand on the 2e Bandwagon: Strewing Education
- Campervanning Across NZ on the 2e Bandwagon: Catering to Obsessions
- Campervanning Across New Zealand on the 2e Bandwagon: Soothing The Sensitivities
- Architecture: The Capacity to Surprise
- Educational Tricks for Keeping Up With a Natural Learner
- Fostering Creative Play in 2e Homeschooling
You can have a look at some of Kathleen’s favourite recipes here.
Or for a complete topic list, check out the archive!